Gym Regulations & Policies
COUNTERBALANCE FACILITY RULES
1.) YOUTH UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THIS FACILITY AFTER– HOURS AS IT IS AGAINST INSURANCE POLICY REGULATIONS.
2.) COUNTERBALANCE PRIDES ITSELF ON ITS COMMUNITY INCLUSIVITY. PLEASE CONDUCT YOURSELF IN A MANNER THAT IS RESPECFUL IN SPEECH, ACTIONS AND MANNERISMS TOWARDS AND AROUND OTHER FACILITY MEMBERS.
3.) CLEAN UP & PUT BACK YOUR EQUIPMENT WHEN FINISHED.
4.) PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SLAMMING WEIGHTS OR DUMBBELLS ON THE FLOOR.
5.) AFTER-HOURS MEMBERS - DO NOT TRAIN ALONE AFTER-HOURS. PLEASE ALWAYS PUT SAFETY FIRST AND TRAIN WITH A FRIEND OR PARTNER DURING NON-STAFFED HOURS.
6.) DO NOT ALLOW OTHER NON-MEMBERS IN THE FACILITY AFTER-HOURS AS IT IS A FINABLE OFFENCE IN THE AMOUNT OF $100.00 AND MAY RESULT IN A PERMANENT LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP AT THIS FACILITY. SEE OUR HONESTY POLICY FOR MORE DETAILS.
7.) A NO SCENT POLICY IS IN PLACE AND WEARING SMELLY SCENTED PERFUME AND/OR AFTERSHAVE/BODY SPRAY OR OTHER HIGHLY SCENTED PRODUCTS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
8.) ALL MEMBERS MUST WEAR DEODORANT/ANTIPERSPIRANT, MAINTAIN GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE AND WASH GYM WEAR AND SNEAKERS REGULARLY.
9.) NO LOITERING IN THE CHANGEROOMS & SINGLE OCCUPANCY ONLY PER CHANGEROOM.
10.) DO NOT USE EXTERNAL SPEAKERS SUCH AS PHONE SPEAKERS OR PORTABLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS IN THE GYM AS IT COMPETES WITH GYM MUSIC PLAYLISTS AND CREATES AN UNCOMFORTABLE AUDIO. PLEASE WEAR YOUR OWN HEADPHONES OR EAR BUDS IFYOU WISH TO LISTEN TO YOUR OWN MUSIC, YOUTUBE VIDEOS, PODCASTS AND/OR MOVIES SO AS NOT TO DISTURB OTHER MEMBERS’ TRAINING EXPERIENCE.
THE COUNTERBALANCE HONESTY POLICY
The CounterBalance Conditioning Centre reserves the right to enforce proper usage of its facility after-hours and during staff presence.
If any paying member or non-member is caught unlawfully misusing their facility fingerprint access and/or membership, they each will be charged $100.00 fines for such illegal activities. A second occurance of such activity will result in a permanent loss of membership and a facility ban.
Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to;
1. Allowing another non-paying person into the facility.
2. Allowing a youth under the age of 18 to enter the facility after-hours.
3. Allowing others to piggyback/tailgate off of their fingerprint or to allow a non-member to gain facility access through their membership.
4. Allowing after-hours access to the facility to any non-member or member whose membership has recently expired; or allowing access to members who are not permitted after-hours access including 1 day passes and Fitness Freshman tiered memberships which are only to be used during staffed hours.
5. Attempting to use our facility without paying during staffed hours or after-hours.